Welcome back to Term 4! We hope you all had a restful break.
We are excited to share some wonderful news and achievements from the School holiday break.
- Year 10 Student Alice Sewell has been selected in the Presidents Team to compete in the Girls Cricket State Championships in Toowoomba later this month. This is a first for a St Hilda’s School student!
- Year 6 Student Cyra Bender and St Hilda’s Aquatics teammate, Sarah Reimer, were selected in the Gold Coast Regional Team to compete in the annual Patrons Shield team event held at the Valley Pool, Brisbane on 17 September 2017. The Patrons Shield is a highly contested annual event between swimming teams from the Gold Coast, Darling Downs, Wide Bay and Brisbane regions. The Gold Coast Team won the inaugural Jessica Schipper trophy and came second overall to the Brisbane Swimming Team.
- Jessica Cleverly, Emma De Fazio, Samantha Hon and Grace O’Reilly competed as part of the Delta Southport Gymnastics Team at Junior State Championships in late September, coming away with some fantastic results (see below). Jess and Emma were part of the Gold Coast Regional Team in Level 6 which placed 1st overall. Grace O’Reilly was also in the Level 4 Regional team which placed 3rd overall.
- Jessica Cleverly: Level 6 U122nd Overall
- Emma De Fazio: Level 6 U13
- Samantha Hon: Level 4 Under 12
- Grace O-Reilly: Level 4 Under 11
Well done girls – great achievements all round!
We would also like to wish our Opens Touch team and Coach Mel Lilley luck as they compete in the very popular All Schools Touch competition over the next couple of days. We’ll be cheering you all on!