The St Hilda’s School Tutorial Academy offers paid tutorials for students in Years 7-12. Currently, many faculties provide free teacher-led tutorial sessions after school and the Academy provides additional paid tutorial sessions in a student’s chosen subject area.
The Academy is fully managed and operated by the School, and all Tutors have been recruited from within and outside the School. The Academy Tutors all have a high level of academic rigour and expertise in their subject area to ensure the School’s high academic standards are maintained.
The present system of ‘unpaid tutorials’ offered to students will continue and the Academy is an additional paid tutorial in a student’s chosen subject area.
Guardians/parents can choose to have a tutor from one of the following backgrounds:
- A current Under-Graduate Tutor currently completing tertiary studies
- A Post-Graduate Tutor who has completed an under-graduate degree
- A current Teacher with QCT registration
- Individual Lessons:
- Under-Graduate Tutors $40 per hour
- Post-Graduate Tutors $60 per hour
- QCT Registration Teachers $80 per hour
- Group Lessons (QCT Registration only):
- 2-3 students $60 each per hour
- 4 or more students $40 each per hour.
Fees will be charged to parents on a fortnightly basis and processed through the School Finance Department.
Students Permitted to Engage Academy
- Students only currently enrolled in Years 7-12 at St Hilda’s School are permitted to engage the Academy services.
Tutorial Times and Location
- The Academy operates Monday to Friday between the hours of 4:00-8:00pm
- All Academy tutorials take place in the Senior School Library located on the top floor of the Jennifer Reeves Building
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they are present in the Senior School Library for their allocated commencement time
Academic Currently Available Through the Academy
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- Modern History
- Ancient History
- Visual Art
- English As A Second Language
How to Engage the Academy Services
- Students wanting to engage the services of an Academy Tutor are required to have their guardians/parents send an email to Tutorial Academy
- Please note the email needs to contain the following information:
- The student’s name
- The academic subject/s they wish to be tutored
- The preferred afternoons of the week
- The preferred time
- You will then receive a Parental Agreement Form which will need to be completed and returned to the School.
- The time and date of commencement for the student will be arranged.