The St Hilda’s School Tutorial Academy offers paid tutorials for students in Years 7-12. Currently, many faculties provide free teacher-led tutorial sessions after school and the Academy provides additional paid tutorial sessions in a student’s chosen subject area.
The Academy is fully managed and operated by the School, and all Tutors have been recruited from within and outside the School. The Academy Tutors all have a high level of academic rigour and expertise in their subject area to ensure the School’s high academic standards are maintained.
The present system of ‘unpaid tutorials’ offered to students will continue and the Academy is an additional paid tutorial in a student’s chosen subject area.
Guardians/parents can choose to have a tutor from one of the following backgrounds:
- Non-Teaching Tutor who is currently completing tertiary studies
- A Post-Graduate Tutor who has completed an under-graduate degree
- A current Teacher with QCT registration
- Individual Lessons:
- Non-Teaching Tutors $40 / $60 per hour
- QCT Registered Teachers $80 per hour
- Individual Lessons:
Fees are calculated per semester. Each semester consists of approximately 12 -14 tutorial lessons or as individually requested. Fees must be paid in advance through the link provided on the School’s website via Parent Resources\MySTHildas Online Ordering.
Payment deadlines are provided once the Tutorial Academy Offer has been accepted.
Absentees from Lessons
The Tutor and the Tutorial Academy Administration MUST be notified if and when students are unable to keep a specific lesson time. Lessons will only be rescheduled if 24 hours’ notice of unavailability is received due to exceptional circumstances. Lessons missed due to illness, extended holidays or insufficient notice cannot be rescheduled or credited.
The lesson allocation per semester takes into account public holidays, year level camps, and compulsory School calendar events such as QGSSSA Swimming.
If there is insufficient notice of missing lessons and/ or the student fails to present to a lesson, a parent will be contacted and the lesson charged. No refunds are available.
Should injury or extended illness prevent a student from completing her scheduled lessons, consideration of an application for credit for the next term will be considered with the submission of a doctor’s certificate.
Students Permitted to Engage Academy
- Students only currently enrolled in Years 7-12 at St Hilda’s School are permitted to engage the Academy services.
Tutorial Times and Location
- The Academy operates Monday to Thursday between the hours of 4:00-8:00pm
- All Academy tutorials take place in the Senior School Library located on the top floor of the Jennifer Reeves Building
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that she is present in the Senior School Library for her allocated commencement time
Academic Currently Available Through the Academy
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- Modern History
- Ancient History
- English as a Additional Language
How to Engage the Academy Services
- Students wanting to engage the services of an Academy Tutor are required to have their guardians/parents send an email to TutorialAcademy@sthildas.qld.edu.au
- You will then receive a Parental Agreement Form which will need to be completed and returned to TutorialAcademy@sthildas.qld.edu.au
- The time and date of commencement for the student will be arranged.